This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, June 25, 2018


On this the 25th day of the 6th month in the 2018th year of the Coming of Christ, Elder Hennessey has a remaining 23 days before he will set foot on American soil once again. It’s hard to imagine that I will actually be coming home after such a long time. I'm sure all of the things I have seen and done here will help me throughout my life but where I'm at right now... It seems crazy! Literally having planned out just about every week for the past 104 weeks, that realm of planning is about to hit a brick wall - Then it’s just work and school. 

But as long as I’m still here, I might as well tell you about Cindy. Cindy is the youngest sister of the Branch President. She’s super cool and had her 24th Birthday on Sunday. She has had all but the last missionary lesson, about the baptismal covenant; what our covenant (promise) is to God when we are baptized, and what his promised blessings are to us when we uphold that promise. The change we've seen in her as we teach is like night and day!  At first we thought she wanted nothing to do with us haha (I doubt she'd argue that much) but now she is fulfilling all of the commitments we give to her and is growing in her faith on the doctrines and testimony of the truth of our message. 

Everyone loves telling me I’m getting close to going home. I don’t know what the last week will be like. Hopefully not just visiting a ton of members, I want to leave the area alive and flourishing for Elder Pettit so he can have a good last area. He goes home in October so this will most likely be his last area too. We were house mates in Baguio, and then he followed me down to the low-lands :)

Lastly, we are doing a Book of Mormon reading schedule as a mission, always following up on peoples reading to see how they’re doing and what their learning about. It’s been a nice experience because we have some investigators who are only on chapters 1-10 of the Book of Mormon, so reading it from the start again is kinda fun reading along with them. Sister Raquel, another investigator, shared with us how she likes that all families will prosper if they follow the commandments. Of course I agreed, but I didn’t realize that it states that very clearly in the second chapter:

20 And inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper, and shall be led to a land of promise; yea, even a land which I have prepared for you; yea, a land which is choice above all other lands.
21 And inasmuch as they brethren shall rebel against thee, they shall be cut off from the presence of the Lord.

I hope all of you had an awesome week, Seeyalls soon!
Elder Hennessey​

Elder Pettit teaching kids to be reverent in the Sacrement Hall.


 
As punishment for losing at Family Home Evening games, sometimes you get marks on your face (lipstick, liquid eyeliner and baby powder).

FHE at the Nabor House :)

No comments:

Post a Comment