This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, July 2, 2018


This week I was able to bear my testimony in the last Fast and Testimony meeting of my mission. It was nice, I don’t know if I'll be able to speak again from the pulpit here, so I was glad for the opportunity.  I have to say, of all the units I've been assigned in, Damortis is one of the most actively Involved in missionary work. They are always happy to work with us and to refer their family and acquaintances to hear the missionary discussions. 

On Thursday I was able to go on exchanges again with Elder Affleck to my old area Agoo Branch 3 in order for Elder Maners to interview Cindy Puzon for Baptism. While in Agoo, I showed Elder Affleck around to some of the people we had been teaching before, whom I felt could really progress/benefit from the blessing of the Gospel. We also were able to visit sister Dulce, a Nanay up in the Mountain of Santa Maria. About 18 months agoo I had scratched my name into a piece of bamboo, and now, 1.5 years later, it was still there haha. It was a nice little throwback to my first area. I also had a monkey climb on me, super cool experience, that’s the 2nd monkey I've held here :)

Saturday Cindy as baptized by Elder Pettit. Elder Fenn was allowed to come back to see the baptism since he was one of the missionaries who taught her. Normally this isn’t allowed but Elder Fenn was a special exception. The baptism was very nice; she gave a very nice testimony afterwards. We just need to make sure that she can have lots of support from the branch to help her become even stronger in the church. Anyone else who we are teaching will be baptized after I've already landed in America sooo thats wierd, but at the same moment Fine by me.

22 Days nalang ;)

Elder Hennessey



No comments:

Post a Comment