This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, June 11, 2018


This week was... WOW Very ummm, I'll just tell you a day by day. 

Monday: P-Day. Saying goodbye to members with Elder Fenn and then eating with President Dungan in Agoo.

Tuesday: Transfer Day. Waited for Elder Llagas among other missionaries coming from other zones. Got to work about 4:30.

Wednesday: Elder Pettit (My new companion) got sick so we went to Lorma, the Hospital in San Fernando, got confined until Thursday, we got home around 7:30 and went to bed after studying a little. 

Friday: Missionary Leadership Council. Talked with other mission leaders and President Bangal about stuff happening and how to help Baguio Mission.  Got out at 2, went to Lorma to get another check-up cuz Elder Pettit was feeling bad again, and then went home. Changed in time to get to Damortis Branch's Bonding night, where we just play basketball and ping-pong to help others feel comfortable hopefully about coming to the chapel. Elder Pettit led an impromptu Chapel tour; it was awesome. He grabbed a group of kids and told them to come into the church and he started talking about the stories in the pictures in all of the LDS Chapels. We ended in the room of the Baptismal Font, where people who have taken the missionary discussions and have felt that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is indeed the same restored church that Jesus started when he walked the earth, can be baptized to be numbered in Jesus Christ’s one and only True Church. Basically Elder Pettit had a really good impression on the Branch. I think he will love it as his last area since he only has 4 months left too.

Saturday: Went to Agoo to have some interviews with missionaries, then to Bani to have Vixenly and Junayra interviewed for their baptism, then we got picked up by a member to go to Sison to interview his wife for Baptism. He said he was willing to wait a little bit to give us a ride to make sure that the interview happened so that he could be the one to baptize his wife the next weekend. I think that’s pretty special, finding the Gospel and then baptizing your wife. 

Sunday: We finally got a good couple hours of straight work, but being at Lorma (the hospital) for so long and having to do so many other things really killed the flow of the week. 

This morning we went to Rosario to play Basketball for 2.5 hours, I was dead tired afterwards. Shoutout to GSW with the sweep 4-0. 

I have 35 DAYS left in the Philippines, not weeks, not months, DAYS. It’s crazy to think about, I actually try not to think about it too much. I don’t know what it will be like to come home, not get into proselyting clothes (white shirt and tie) but just to kinda hangout before going on a fun trip with my family. Although, good sign, I had my first positive going home dream last night, where I wasn't worried, didn’t wake up thinking "Dang I still have 18 months left!!!" It was just nice to be in America with my family. I was also a giant who couldn't fit through the hallways of my house though, so, you tell me what that means haha

Pictures: 

Me and Elder Pettit 

I got my eyebrows done by a girl with a razor blade. 

Cows and carabaos (water buffalo) don't get along.

 Picture from MLC

No comments:

Post a Comment