This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

 

The area has been going really well here in San Fernando Zone, Sevilla Ward. We are working a lot more with the members and focusing more on Re-activation of long-time less active families.  Then, as they are returning to church, we will teach their family members and invite them to be baptized so that they can just, you know, get into heaven and be with their families eternally (no biggie). J

One investigator right now is Sister Angelica B., she is a referral from (shout out to Kat (Katleen Jucutan)). She is progressing suuuper well and is to the point where if there is a commandment, or thing that she needs to do but isn't yet, she has the faith to completely change to more fully obey and follow the commandments.
BUUUT
I will not be there to witness her baptism because I was a victim of Special Transfers. Its kinda like an Emergency Transfer, it just happens rarely halfway through a transfer. I have been called to be a Zone leader in Baguio City, Pactel Ward. I’m excited because it’s Baguio, one of the major famous cities in the Philippines and my Companion will be @Elder Beck #Batch #6footer #6monthsnalang.  


But I am really sad to be leaving this area. I feel like in my 3.5 months here I've finally learned how to be a missionary who can stand up for anything and do what we’re supposed to even if it’s hard/tiring. I'm relieved to know that my replacement, Elder Grimm, is also my Batch and I know I can trust him in the area. He'll take everything we were doing and magnify it x100; he’s a really great missionary, and amazing at the language. 

No comments:

Post a Comment