This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, November 6, 2017

Hey!  We had a baptism last weekend!! There were actually 2 but one of the guys was an investigator of the other Missionaries.  I don’t have a picture yet, I'll ask for one in the next week. 

And I don’t have a lot to say from the week, besides the fact that I've decided to follow the council of The Apostles by memorizing the document known as THE LIVING CHRIST. As members, we were all challenged to read and memorize this document with a promise that we will more deeply feel the influence of the Savior in our lives.  So far I've got half of it memorized, but next week I should have it down. 


In my Personal Study this week, I read in I think Acts about the Apostles in the time of Jesus Christ. They were beaten, hungered, mocked, cast out and much more. They wrote that they did not tell of their struggles so we (the readers of the writ) would feel bad for them, or show that we are such good servants of God because they endured much tribulation. I really like the thought of Sustaining. Sustaining means you recognize someone as a representative who has authority from a higher power. If we sustain the Prophet and Christ, we sustain also his apostles. Seeing the suffering they went through inspires me. Not that I want to be beaten, mocked, stoned, or cast out, but I realize that my calling as an Elder of this church is so light. I can have a bad day when we don’t get a lesson and get mocked and feel downhearted, but compared to the Apostles of the olden Days, I have so much more to give, so much gas left in the tank, like that was probably a good day for the Apostles depending on where they were ministering. I know that the Bible is a True record, if it has confusing passages, research and pray to understand what it means. We will draw closer to what it means to be a disciple (yes we are ALL disciples) of Jesus Christ through the example set buy his original 12 Apostles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment