This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, November 13, 2017

 

I have 5 minutes!!! I'm literally always running out of time but at least I have pics this week, diba (means “right” in Tagalog)?

I just wanna say a short message on the Book of Mormon. In our Gospel Essentials class we heard a story, it goes somewhat like this: There once was a boss who had a secretary who always smoked. He had a serious addiction to cigarettes. The boss one day said Hey, If you wanna stop smoking cigs read this book, and handed her a Book of Mormon. After the first day the person said she read 200 pages and didn’t see anything on smoking. The boss said finish the book. The second time the secretary came back and said she had read another 200 pages and there still wasn’t anything to help her stop smoking. The boss again told her to return to her study of the book. The last time the lady came to the boss and said she had read the entire book and there was nothing specific to her struggle of smoking. The boss asked if she had smoked in the days she had read. The lady replied that she had felt a sense of strength that came from her reading of that book. A strength that helped her to break her addictions. 


I know the Book of Mormon is a true testament of a True People. If we have a problem or any type of struggle, we will find the answer within its pages, or within the spirit that we feel as we study the chapters. I invite all of us to read this book more seriously, regularly and more sincerely. I know it will help us in every part of our lives. I just wanna leave that short testimony to you in the name of Jesus Christ amen.


These pics are various shots from the camera of Elder Tabaua.






Different zone conferences

Inline image 1
This is Johnathon Aquino. I baptized him in my first area. He just got endowed/sealed in the Manila Temple!!

 
Elder Tabaua wearing my raincoat one time and me while I was still in Agoo leading a district meeting. 

 
Elder Smith finding the wheelcover that fell off when they went through a river going to the most remote lugar/place in the whole mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment