This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, November 27, 2017

  
FHE - Family Home Evening

I had a great week! There were a couple of things that made it especially good but mostly we were just hard at work. Here in the mission, that is really what will make your weeks and days go by fast and enjoyably. For me, if I'm not working hard, or slacking, or doing something that I know I shouldn’t, or leaving the house even a little bit late I will feel it.  My week or day will have a damper on it and I know there’s something I need to do better at. 

One thing we did well at this week was working with members. We had 4 members work with us, one of who was Jeff. Jeff is a recent convert last may; he baptized his Mom a while later. He worked with us on Saturday.  We visited one of his friends and about 4 other people who he knew by face because it was from the same neighborhood (barangay) but wasn’t too close with. All he really did was be friendly with the people we were teaching (fellowshipped) and shared a little heart-felt testimony in each of the lessons. I know it seems sometimes that it’s super hard to work with missionaries, or go to a lesson with them, but it’s not. All you have to do is show up, be friendly, and testify a tiny bit of your personal experiences, or about what the Elders or Sisters have just taught. I am super grateful to him and all of the people that have worked with us in some way or another. I'd like to encourage all of the members who will read this to approach the missionaries and offer a little bit of time, even if it is after your work for 2 hours on a weekday, or for 1 appointment only on a Saturday or Sunday, it will help. It'll help the missionaries feel like they are part of the ward, it'll help the investigator feel comfortable in the lesson and accept the message, and it will help you to obtain the blessings that are available to every individual who does missionary work.

Elder Hennessey

\ . 

No comments:

Post a Comment