This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, October 2, 2017


This week I was transferred from the top of the mission boundaries, Bangued, Abra, to the mission’s center, San Fernando, La Union. I am currently assigned to the Sevilla ward as, and am a Zone leader for the San Fernando Zone. I am so surprised to be in what’s been called the most functioning unit in Baguio Mission. On Sunday we walked into the Chapel and I thought that it was general conference weekend; there were probably 150-175 people. Such a big change when compared with where I was coming from, the Beloved Bangued. 

For my Birthday last night I was pleasantly surprised that people remembered my birthday at church and wished me a good one, also a lot of my former companions and house/batch mates texted me (through proper line of authority) Happy Birthday including PRESIDENT ANDRADA :) To celebrate we ate dinner at Sister Patot's house and we ate pizza, chicken/jojos, and some fried spaghetti with ham(?). I don’t know exactly what it was but it was good. And since it was my birthday, I supplied the ice cream, rocky road, Sister Patot's favorite (which was bought the night before).

Me and Elder Jimenez have a lot of plans on how we are going to be exactly obedient and find like crazy so we don’t waste his last 12 weeks of the mission. 

Me and Elder Walsh, the trainer of my trainer, and also Assistant to the President, challenged me to an arm wrestling contest on week 5 of this transfer, his last week of the mission. We're best buds but now we’ve got a very good bit of friendly rivalry going. I’m currently doing the Insanity Program and working out so I can defend the United States once again from the likes of Britain. :) 

I'll try to make some notes so I can tell a funny story tor two next week, hopefully it’s just not another accidental wedding engagement. 


Elder Hennessey

No comments:

Post a Comment