This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, October 23, 2017

One thing that happened this week was we had another Musical Devotional, similar to the "Come Unto Christ" one we had while I was in Abra, but this one was about the “Restoration of the Gospel.” It had songs like "Quiet Grove," "Did You Think To Pray," "Josephs Smiths First Prayer" and "Praise to the Man". President Bangal sang with 4 sisters a tagalog rendition of "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief." He has a really nice voice, he could be a Professional, no joke. It was an amazing night and the spirit was most strong while we sang the classic melody of “Army of Helaman” and “As Sisters In Zion.” I wanna give a HUGE shout-out to Elder Tavita who organized it all, it was Amazing. We asked all of the members to invite a friend too so we could hopefully have some referrals for people to teach :) I'm just glad so many of the missionaries were willing to share their talents of singing in order to share the Gospel Message that the True Church and doctine and authority of Jesus Christ’s Primitive Church have been restored to the earth after a period of Apostasy, through the Boy Prophet Joseph Smith.

Two weeks ago I was laying in my Hammock that was attached to the metal bars on our windows. I flipped up-side-down because I was feeling bored and Elder Tabaua came and sat on me. I yelled for him to get off - that my Duyan was gonna break. He didn’t get off, but it didn’t break surprisingly... instead the metal grill on the window that the hammock was attached to got torn out of the wall hahaha! So we have to get the drill from the mission office and fix it. Once it’s fixed we’ll have a strict rule of one missionary at a time.

A man we are teaching right now, Brother E. is very close to being baptized. He is one of the best investigators I've ever taught. We just give him a pamphlet, then he reads it before the next time we come. He is very interested in the Temple, so we have him a pamphlet on preparing to enter the temple even if he’s not been baptized yet. His girlfriend is a member and she has been helping him and his interest to grow in the Gospel. We played basketball with him this morning and with President Bangal, they’re both really good :)

Sorry I don’t have any Pics. I was hopefully gonna send one of my New Super Short Haircut, but I forgot my cord. Next week nalang

This is a very inspirational and genuine talk by Elder Holand, an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. If any of you are feeling stressed, ESPECIALLY COLLEGE STUDENTS or NEW PARENTS, I invite you to read and apply it in your lives :)

Kelli told Tiegue of taking his Grandma’s dog to the vet for a tooth extraction, Tiegue’s response… That’s one of the things that shocked me the most. On my second day, in Manila, I was walking along the hot, hot, exhaust, clogged road and there was a dog coming towards us. My jaw dropped and I stopped walking, stunned because when it passed I saw on its back it had open sore/rashes. I quickly closed my mouth cuz dogs here are suuper Mabaho sometimes (bad smelling). It doesnt happen very often but every now and then there will be a dog who has open sores, sometimes even blood covered in flies on its back. Super pathetic (is that the right word? kawawa)


Kelli had made Tiegue’s grandma’s chowder recipe on Sunday and asked Tiegue if the Philipinos have anything like chowder, Tiegue’s response… Philipinos have a dish that’s just straight clams/snails/little conch shell type things. They cook ‘em all, use a needle to get the meat out, and eat it over rice. The closest thing would probably be sopas, basically milky chicken noodle soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment