This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017


This week was pretty normal... besides the fact that I JUST HIT 1 YEAR IN THE MISSION!! But yeah, pretty normal. For my 1 year mark I bought our house pizza, because there’s this really good pizza shop that’s run by some big white guy and a Philipina and they both speak with really thick English accents. I bought 5, 10 inch, Pizzas for 640 Pesos. That’s right - we got stuffed on 5 pizzas for less than 13 Dollars. Then we went out to proselyte like regular.

We're currently having a level 1 Super Typhoon (basically just a tropical storm) passing through the Philippines. This means it rains in the morning when it normally doesn't rain until about 3 in the afternoon like clockwork. And at night it gets really windy. I have mixed feelings about a super typhoon hitting Abra. Yeah of course it would be really hard on the people, many many houses would get wrecked and everything would get wet, and there would be floods everywhere. But it would be fun to do a lot of service, and we would probably not be able to work for a few days and we’d get bombarded with opportunities to serve the people. And it would be humbling to witness the Raw power of a super typhoon, just the name sounds intimidating.


Shout out to Elder Rennaker in Argentina. He’s experiencing probably the opposite things from me weather-wise. I have yet to receive pics from Elder Symes, maybe his Mother can Send me some (Hi Audry!)

  
More pictures from the resort that my Branch President designed.


Elder Jenson buying MacDo on a bike at the Drive through-window. 


Elder Rennaker in Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment