This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Sunday, August 6, 2017

I don’t have too much to say about this week, other than it went by super fast. On Tuesday I went to Bukay on Companionship exchanges with Elder Siojo, he’s almost 2 months into his mission. We had a good time, I only go there when they need me to interview someone for baptism, since I’m the district leader. They had two Baptismal candidates that both passed, they’re baptisms were on Saturday and confirmations the following Day. While in Bukay, we had a nanay and tatay that worked with us the whole time, from the first appointment (which was a referral from them) to the dinner appt (at their house).

It was a fun time, and nice to be with someone so young in the mission because they haven’t relaxed yet. It was hard to return to Bangued because my companion and Elder Pitt's Companion will be leaving this Sunday night. They will go home and never return to missionary life again... unless they do a senior mission. I'm so gonna be super sad to see them go, but it will be hard thinking that I still have a year to go, and they'll be seeing their fams within a week. But it’s ok, just as long as I come home when I'm supposed to, and not earlier due to disobedience.

 
This rice was 46 Pesos a kilo, which is kinda expensive, but it was very delicious. I have gotten the bad habit of sorting out the rocks and leaves from the uncooked rice. It’s really time consuming and doesn’t make too much of a difference, but all those little rice shells and rocks came just from the rice on the plate. Sometimes I will be eating rice and chew down on some tiny rock, luckily they are usually softened a little by the boiling process. But the worst thing I ever experienced with eating rice was chomping down on a small piece of...not rock,... glass; that did not get softened in the cooking process. But it’s ok, the Ulam (rice topping) was still good and I didn’t break my teeth.


Some Sweet Basketball shoes, see if you can find the unusual bit. A funny evidence of imitation shoes. 


Elder Jensen’s ingenious way of drying the pants that he would need to wear later in the day. 


Don’t forget to email your Elders in the Field:

Even just one sentence, and an attached picture will go a looong ways. 


Have a blessed week. In 2 weeks I'll have a new companion. Hopefully I'll be training again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment