This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

This week was cool. I had for the second time in my whole mission a Family Home Evening at the investigators house without another member present. It is a weird concept for people just to gather with Family and then have some quality laughs. We always supply the games and a short message. The father of the family missed the lesson but came in for the games which was amazing because usually he is very shy towards us. The games allowed us to break the tension very easily. The mother has fake teeth and one of the games requires you to say a phrase without showing your teeth, even if you laugh you need to keep your teeth covered by your lips. The nanays teeth fell out!! haha It was really funny and she sat out the rest of the game because it was an "unfair disadvantage." 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Invite the missionaries over for dinner!! I don’t know if they do fun games like we do here, but if you ask them to beforehand, I'm sure they’ll come up with something. 


Have a good week!


These are pics with my new companion Elder Vilela.  He is from Batangas, Phillippines, a place where Tagalog IS the native language, but it’s not just tagalog, it’s a very deep dialect. The way he explained it to me it sounds like they speak the Tagalog equivalent of Old English, and instead of saying happy they’d say overjoyed. Anyways, he’s a super cool guy.


We rode in the back of my branch president’s truck, #ItsMoreFunInThePhilippines

No comments:

Post a Comment