This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Magandang hapon po everybody!!

This week was super nice, many changes happened. On Monday night I was told I will be transferred to Bacnotan Ward, in Bacnotan, La Union. Sister Dennis who was in the same branch with me in Agoo got transferred right along with me into Bacnotan. I don’t know what President Bangal is thinking, or if he is trying to play matchmaker or something, but needless to say if we both stay 2 transfers here, me and sister Dennis will have been together for over half of her mission. I think it’s really funny, but it is nice to have my mission sister still with me in the same ward. I have now been District Leader longer than I have been a regular missionary. 

Wow! The differences between branches and wards are incredible. In Agoo we had a lot of members but we were split into 3 branches so the members are really spread out, Agoo 3rd Branch had about 482 members and maybe 100 were active. It’s really hard sometimes to keep everyone active but here in Bacnotan the members are outstanding. Also the people are super nice, if we meet people outside of their house they invite us to sit and chat for a while. And 2/3 of the Member Lessons we have, they give us snacks like soda and little crackers. 

My house though... Is awesome!  I finally have kabahay instead of bahay which means its more than just 2 missionaries there, basically we have housemates. Elder Bagnal is my kasama, he’s 19 months in the mission, pretty cool, kinda has BO, likes to discuss deep doctrines, and is from Arizona. Elder Walsh is my Lolo (grandpa) he trained my trainer, he’s from England and has the worst tan lines I’ve ever seen. His kasama is Elder Centeno the only Philippino in our district of 6 missionaries. Since Bacnotan is so big and there’s only 1 ward all 6 of us missionaries serve in the same ward, that’s kinda a lot but it makes sense because there are probably about 25 barangays, or neighborhoods. Our house is more like a vacation flat, we’re on the 3rd floor of a building and we can see the beach from our BALCONY. We have 2 pets, a kitten without a tail and a praying mantis that layed eggs last Monday. We catch spiders and other bugs to feed Kevin, the Mantis, and Stephen gets raw chicken scraps. They’re both girls but have guy names. 

Sorry that I don’t have pictures but my camera’s not working. I'll try to get one tonight so I can make you all wish you were serving missions in the Philippines!

I gotta go but I hope you have an awesome week!


Elder Hennessey

No comments:

Post a Comment