This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, April 2, 2018


Heyooo so I've been here in Baguio for 2 transfers. 1/8 of my mission and now I got transferred again. These are special transfers which means they aren’t regular...(seems kinda obvious no?) Any way’s, I will be transfered back to the Hot Lowlands to.... Drumroll Please* AGOO ZONE!! DEMORTIS WARD as a zone leader again. If I'm there until I "die" or end the mission, I will never have had a time in the mission as a regular missionary. I was in a leadership calling from the time I left my Training. I'm super excited because I will be able to go back and visit in my very first area, Agoo 3. I'll go back and show them that I actually know how to speak Tagalog now haha. 

Another cool thing is that WE HAD A BAPTSM!!! It was nanay Virgie Dis-Ing. She’s a sweet heart and kinda like a mom/gramma to us. Her family is slowly converting to LDS, 3 of them are now baptized. I'm sure there will be many more but it will take time, like a steady trickle of baptisms rather than 10 people all dressed in white at once. She asked me to Baptize her except...  there is no heater here in Baguio and the water is very cold! But when I began to say the baptismal prayer I didn’t really feel the cold; it was as if it was heated all of a sudden. I'm sure it was cold for Nanay though when I dunked her haha. 

She also asked me to confirm her the next day at church. This was my first time to do so, so as I confirmed her a new member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints my knees were shaking so bad, like super super bad. But I was able to finish it and did a good job. 

Love you all, it’s mango season here in the Philippines, I'll have a couple for yalls :)

Elder Hennessey




No comments:

Post a Comment