This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

From this week there are 2 big things that happened. One changed my life, and the other changed the lives of 2 others. First, Conrado and Eugene are now baptized and confirmed members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And Their Muslim mamma came to church yesterday, which was a miracle in itself. 

The other news is that I now have a really bad allergy to Pork. I don’t know exactly all the limitations but Monday night we had a Bonfire and Elder Dosdos BBQ'd a lot of pork Tapa and we ate  a ton. Then at about 3 in the morning of Tuesday I woke up thinking I was being eaten alive by bugs. I was SOOO itchy, and I could feel bumps all over my skin. I thought I'd finally grabbed one of the bugs, and went to the bathroom to see it under a light when I saw my chest and back was covered in a Big raised rash, Elder Centeno said it looked like I had a textured red map of the world on my body. At first I thought I had leprosy, but I just covered it in Gold Bond Extra Strength Cooling Powder and in the morning it was mostly gone, but moved to my legs. Then Tuesday night I ate 3 pork shish kabobs for dinner with rice and within 5 minutes I was having a raised rash again appear on my legs, although not as bad this time. It was awful. I don’t know if it extends to beef, but as for the time being I just take a bunch of pills before I eat it and if it happens anyways...well let’s say Pork is worth the Rash covering my body :)

That’s all, Hope you aren’t suddenly allergic to one of your favorite foods. 


Elder Hennessey

No comments:

Post a Comment