This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Monday, December 26, 2016

We had a wonderful phone call from Elder Hennessey for Christmas last night – 2 hours! He had lots to share and looks great. Can’t wait to do it again for Mother’s Day!

This is tatay (father) Visitacion. He is probably high 60's low 70s. But he has had multiple strokes and debilitating illnesses. Sometimes we have the honor of helping him go to the eye doctor because he is also blind. This is me helping him into his wheelchair, he clings like a koala! He is probably under 60 pounds but you have to be super careful since he is fragile. 
  
  
This was the second time we helped him. The first time we went was when I had been here for 2 months. Later in the evening I was joking to Elain, who is 20 and lives with him, but I wasn’t sure of the relationship. I said "Me and your grandpa are best friends now, we had a fun trip to the doctors" she said "lolo..? Tatay ba?" (Grandpa? You mean my dad?) I'd been in the area for 2 months and didn’t know he was the father of this family. He looks like a great grandfather! That was a really embarrassing story, but it just made them laugh a ton. I was worried they would be offended because the Pinoys sometimes get offended really easily.



That coin in a ten piso coin, 12 pesos is worth a soda. It’s the size of a quarter, which means the bee is almost 2 inches long. I hit it with the electric flyswatter and zapped it real good, but after I took the picture it hopped up and flew out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment