This Blog is about Elder Hennessey's two year mission, in the Philippines Baguio Mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018


How many Days are in the week?


So first off, I did receive the package you sent, And was kinda surprised at what was inside haha: Teeth whiteners, amino acids, a loofa, jerky, siracha, and cotton buds. Thanks for it all, I'll use it well. 

Last-last Saturday was the Philippines National Day of service, but we did it a week later cuz we had a lot of our youth gone on a Temple trip to do Baptisms for the dead.  We had a lot of fun cleaning up a beach right next to the Damortis port, where they bring in lots of fish every day. It’s sad to say that there was a lot of trash but nice to know that we made at least a small difference. The wife of a recently baptized member is a Kagawad (barangay Official), she was asked to lead us in the cleaning of the beach and she was also the one asked to start the burning of the huge pile of trash we had taken from the beach :) hehe.  It was a fun time and we took lots of fun pictures that I will try to get from members. 

I had no time for a recovery nap because we had to get over to Agoo to start Exchanges with Elder Maners and Elder Affleck in Agoo Branch 3. It was fun being able to go around my old area and see where they were active and what members were actively being visited. We were able to visit the Bautista Family, and the Abasolo Family.  It was sooo strange to me to see how the kids had grown up, and how they had done additions and renovations to their houses.  It made me think of how different my life will be when I make it back to America. 

This week we will be having the Baptism of John-Mark D. He is the grandson of a very strong member in Damortis, Damortis. He has been doing very well in the lessons and has gotten down daily prayer and also reading regularly. He is 13.
 



We had a Zone Conference in Baguio last week so I was able to hear about my old Investigators from Elder Manarang!!! Gladys and Dominic got married, and they just got baptized last week. They said that the Marraige was suuuper nice and they had 3 pigs. 1 60 kilo pig, 1 90 kilo pig, and 1 300 kilo pig!!!  That’s 661 pounds of pig!!!  I'm so glad that they were able to get married and to be worthy to be baptized :)

Answer:  7 WEEKS NALANG​


No comments:

Post a Comment